heyboss: (consulting)
Lester Sheehan ([personal profile] heyboss) wrote in [community profile] lastvoyages2026-09-26 08:05 am
18

I Sang of the Dancing Stars

[Sheehan sits in the gazebo, at a table, rolling a clay ball between his palms. His fingers are stained indigo.]

In light of the chaos of the port, of the feelings that might have and certainly did come up, I wanted to do a sort of…debrief. There are lots of ways to process emotions that are helpful and so many more that aren't.

It might feel better in the moment to hide, to shelter yourself away from your friends and family. It might feel better to lash out verbally or physically. We might pretend that something doesn't bother us or - or that we are somehow above it.

But that doesn't promote actual healing. Instead, it lays a bandage over the wound. A particularly unsanitary one at that.

If you want some help processing what we saw and experienced in a professional and healthy way, I always have time.

But if you want to try it by yourself, then - make a statue with me. This is an emotion statue. [He holds up his clay.]

Sometimes we can't articulate what our feelings are. That's okay. That's why we use art. I chose clay, but you can use any medium you want. I have kits ready for you here. You're going to use it to symbolize what you're feeling. If you can't identify it, that's okay. Think about where you're feeling it. [He makes a snowman-looking creature and pokes a dent in its belly.]

Maybe you feel hollow in your middle. Or there are bees buzzing your head. [He takes few beads and arranges them around the top of the snowman.]

This is your expression. If you want me to walk you through it personally, I'd be happy to. I will be in the gazebo all day.
greatest_gift: (glance sideways whut?)

art gazebo spam

[personal profile] greatest_gift 2026-09-26 01:20 pm (UTC)(link)
[ Danica isn't processing anything in particular; she's in a wonderful mood, humming hymns to herself as she goes through putting away everything they bought at the port.

Was there trauma at port? Meh. Not for her.

The one thing that Sheehan may notice is that, on the magnetized holster on her hip, there is now a bolt pistol, ornate in black lacquer with white fleur de lis accents and a small icon of the Eccelsiarchy hanging from the grip. ]
greatest_gift: (art: hopeful)

Re: art gazebo spam

[personal profile] greatest_gift 2026-09-26 01:32 pm (UTC)(link)
[ She nods immediately. ]

Yes, doctor. The clay has been placed under the remaining stores of such, in the storage racks. I placed them there earlier.
greatest_gift: (art: thoughtful)

Re: art gazebo spam

[personal profile] greatest_gift 2026-09-26 01:59 pm (UTC)(link)
Of course, doctor. One moment.

[ She scratches out the numbers already counted and moves swiftly to the clay storage, sorting through the system quickly to bring over a good sized brick for him to take from on a slab. She places it down carefully. ]

Anything else, doctor?
greatest_gift: (art: knowing smirk)

Re: art gazebo spam

[personal profile] greatest_gift 2026-09-26 02:06 pm (UTC)(link)
[ She will sit, as requested, and look at the clay thoughtfully before turning to look at him. ]

What does the snowman symbolize to you? What have you already covered, doctor?
greatest_gift: (art: laugh)

Re: art gazebo spam

[personal profile] greatest_gift 2026-09-26 02:11 pm (UTC)(link)
[ She offers a dip of her head. ]

Certainly, doctor. [ Then she considers for a long moment before- ] What about a figure bowed in thankful prayer? Or someone singing a hymn of praise?
generosite: (pic#18112247)

private

[personal profile] generosite 2026-09-26 01:26 pm (UTC)(link)
[ She's been doing well for a long time. But he is right and she is queen of misdirected anger. She is provoked by all this insightfulness and it comes out of her in a hiss. ]

Be quiet, you horrible little man.

[ She will be sorry later. Right now she buzzes with vitriol. She should have taken one of Adamantea's calming candies but it came upon her too quickly to think. ]
generosite: (pic#17889902)

Re: private

[personal profile] generosite 2026-09-26 01:43 pm (UTC)(link)
[ Why so angry, Ilde? She feels vulnerable in the wake of Hakkai's demotion. Failure in a mission she's poured herself into is looming at her feet. Again. It will always be like this; festering, unsanitary. Her breathing speeds up. ]

Graceless prodding into things that don't concern you.
generosite: (pic#18689056)

Re: private

[personal profile] generosite 2026-09-26 02:40 pm (UTC)(link)
I do not need your clay. I do not need your processes.

[ Is she speaking to him? Dubious. ]

I just want quiet. I just want-

[ Her brows furrow deeply, jaw clenched. She wants control. She wants what she was promised in the palace on the cliffside.

She does in fact throw her device across the room with a smash. Water from a broken flowerpot dribbles across the camera. ]
generosite: (pic#18112239)

Re: private

[personal profile] generosite 2026-09-27 11:33 am (UTC)(link)
[ In the past, she could have gone on quite a bit longer but something stops her. Sooner rather than later she's sitting next to the camera. The view is mostly the floral pattern of her dress. ]

I scared the cat...

[ A sullen confession still dark with anger. She pokes at the pieces of the broken pot tap-tap-tap. ]
Edited (icon ignore me) 2026-09-27 11:48 (UTC)
wildguardian: (taken aback)

[private]

[personal profile] wildguardian 2026-09-26 02:58 pm (UTC)(link)
[with rueful amusement]

You know, Doctor, I wonder every time I see you do one of these how often someone tries to bite your head off about it.

You are a brave man!
cactusy: (every time I look over here)

audio; private

[personal profile] cactusy 2026-09-26 05:30 pm (UTC)(link)
No thanks, but - we probably should talk.
cactusy: (HOW?)

audio; private

[personal profile] cactusy 2026-09-27 02:46 am (UTC)(link)
I dunno, it's not bad or urgent. Just, uh, an update. Something I did that I want input on. Doesn't even have to be in person.
with_a_flourish: (Default)

[personal profile] with_a_flourish 2026-09-26 05:37 pm (UTC)(link)
What, are you trolling right now? That port fucked people up?
with_a_flourish: (Default)

[personal profile] with_a_flourish 2026-09-27 05:48 am (UTC)(link)
You think so? I've seen people break in pretty predictable ways.
darlingcalling: (we love some dubious science)

spam!

[personal profile] darlingcalling 2026-09-26 05:47 pm (UTC)(link)
Gooood afternoon, Dr. Sheehan!

[ Oh no.

Darling happily walks to the art gazebo and gives Sheehan a little wave.
]

You know, I wasn't planning on doing any therapy today. I just wanted to grab some construction paper. But that little clay guy looks fun! And I'm always up for trying anything.
Edited 2026-09-27 00:57 (UTC)
astraymoon: (f it all)

spam

[personal profile] astraymoon 2026-09-27 12:19 am (UTC)(link)
He doesn't always come to the art gazebo, or check in with Dr Sheehan. Sometimes, he sleeps in the spare room of his cabin, making tea and coffee before his breakfast shift in the morning.

Today is different. He looks tired, even as he makes to sit down, looking at the clay kits.

"May I use the grey clay please? I don't have any emotions to work out, exactly." That's a lie and a half. Well, he doesn't want to make it out of clay anyway. Emotions are hard. "I wanna make some art."

He wanted to make Dogmeat. A little Dogmeat, he could give to the Ghoul, if he liked it. And a tree for Simon. And...well. He'd never been really allowed to make art at home. Too expensive.
queen_anne_chonk: (press x to doubt)

Voice

[personal profile] queen_anne_chonk 2026-09-27 04:15 am (UTC)(link)
What if you had a fantastic time at port but then your person invited your worst enemy to your party and you didn't get a chance to 'friendly fire' him?
skybeyondsky: (Surprised)

Audio

[personal profile] skybeyondsky 2026-09-27 05:28 am (UTC)(link)
[ He had missed that port in the meditative space of his cabin and newly picked up his communicator. This was the first post he saw and he was very confused. ]

Was it not a pleasant port this time?

[ This sounded more like the aftermath of a flood. Or a breach. ]